Wednesday, April 8, 2009

To travel or not to travel....

That is the question.

Well, not really.

The travel is nothing. I am so CONTENT, so happy where I am. Whether in Melbourne or the back streets of Delhi India, my happiness comes with me, in my mind, my heart, my spirit. My soul sees beauty in the golden light of sunset over the Dandenong Hills across the road as I did in front of the Taj Mahal at twilight.

Really, it is to jump out of the pre-ordained, pre-scribed, the pre-dictable.

If i kept on doing what I'm doing, will this trajectory bring me to where I actually want to be in 10 years? What is this short life, that is no longer than a vapour, all about? What am I meant to be doing with my years ahead? How can I be useful for the next 10 years? To who can I be useful to? What have I been created for? Do I have a specific purpose?

So many questions! What an amazing quest! In many ways, this is not the beginning of this quest which is being eked out every moment of every day. The travel is but an excuse to allow my mind to experience, to think beyond what is safe and comfortable now. To be open to the extension of my world, to take in new horizons and probably reveal a whole bunch of new questions that will take a lifetime to answer. I have a fear. It is not that something will happen during our travels. It is that nothing will happen!

So, we invite you to join us, through these simple words and a few (hopefully) vivid photos to journey with us. Through deep longings and ventures into the very serious quest for meaning and significance, to our struggles with foreign visas in alien languages which should all be quite amusing!