Monday, April 13, 2009

The Guest Blogger

My last blog entry at my old blog site, 'Creme de la Creme' was written in July 2006 and it was about the euphoria of belonging. Belonging to someone, having recently accepted a proposal of marriage!

Two and a half years on, I find myself being invited to be the Guest Blogger at this brand spankin' new site! It is my
husband's first attempt at blogging and I am impressed with the way he has managed to articulate some of his thoughts and emotions in writing in his first entry.

In a sense, this is a first for me too. A first at being a Guest Blogger. I am not too sure about how it will differ from being the Head Honcho Blogger but I am looking forward to yet another partnership with my adventure partner!

Life is surprisingly still pretty routine, pretty full and pretty wonderfully ordinary! I love the seemingly mundane, simple happenings in my life like hanging up the clothes to dry. I feel productively relaxed and I feel ordered, organised and fresh. I am going to miss this life when we travel as much as I am itching for our journey to begin! Afterall, it was not too long ago when I finally felt like I'd set up our simple and
humble abode but not without its own trappings of our creature comforts.

Part of my desire to travel is to explore the out-of-the-ordinary and to shake things up a bit! To step out of my comfort zone and take that leap of faith! In many ways, the journey has already begun. The mental, emotional and spiritual journey began a few months back for me and slowly, as the weeks and days rolls on... the practicalities of our travel dreams are crystallising.


We have just spent 2 days and nights over the Easter long weekend staying at Parkview hotel along St. Kilda Road (fabulous spa!) and playing tourists in our own beautiful city of Melbourne, in celebration of our 2nd wedding anniversary. One of the highlights of my stay in the city would be chancing upon the weekend market at the Royal Botanical Gardens, savouring the sweetness of a delicious 'all natural' gelati for breakfast whilst browsing the stalls and moments later, wolfing down gourmet hotdogs on the grass under the sun watching toddlers tumble around us. It was bliss as I then sipped on my latte while skimming over the day's news at the nearby cafe. We then took a slow jog around the affectionately known 'Tan' track. I realise now that it is possible to feel nostalgic about a place and about people I have not yet left.





No comments:

Post a Comment